The President, at the beginning of their term of office, will appoint the Chairperson and approve members of the various committees, which serve the Association.
As a matter of expediency, the chairpersons of committees are generally either officers or directors. The committee members, however, are not limited to the Board of Directors.
The President, the Executive Director or Committee Chairpersons are authorized to call Committee Meetings.
Committee Chairperson and committee members serve without remuneration and will pay their own expenses for travel and lodging at committee meetings. Also, event registration fees if applicable.
All committee meetings including those via telephone or virtual conference call shall be documented in writing and forwarded to the Executive Director upon completion of the meeting. Handwritten reports are acceptable. Reports will be distributed to all Board members prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Board.
No committee shall commit Associations finances without first being approved by the Board of Directors.
All committee projects and goals shall be in writing and approved by the Board of Directors before implementing any committee action i.e. subjects, speakers, printed matter location, dates, costs, etc.
The Association’s headquarters shall be sent copies of all written communications.
All contractual agreements with meeting locations speakers, printing, etc., shall be made by the Executive Director with approval of the Board of Directors.
Only the committee chairperson shall communicate committee activities to the Association administrators and Board of Directors.
The Association’s administrators shall communicate only with the committee chairperson and not members of the committee on issues pertaining to committee activities. The President shall always be made aware of any disagreements between the Chairperson and Administrators and advise the Board of Directors accordingly.
Non-members shall not be appointed as a committee member or take part in any activity unless approved by the Board of Directors.
Directs the members and activities of the committee to ensure that it meets its goals and objectives.
- Assists in developing the committee objectives.
- Informs committee members of objectives and their expected individual contributions and responsibilities.
- Assists the president in making committee member appointments.
- Prepares meeting agendas and distributes relevant information to all members prior to the meeting.
- Presides over committee meetings to ensure adherence to the major issues and purposes.
- Assists the President in identifying potential leaders among the committee members.
- Encourages active participation by committee members in the activities of the association.
- Prepares committee status reports for the board of directors.
Attends all meetings of the committee, prepares committee assignments, and works toward the fulfillment of the committee objectives.
- Attends all meetings of the committee.
- Carries out individual assignments that are made by the committee chairperson.
- Reviews all relevant material prior to the committee meetings. Prepares to make contributions and voice objective opinions concerning the committee issues.